What is Wing Chun?
“I owe all my accomplishment to my training in Wing Chun”
– Bruce Lee
- A Southern Chinese Martial Art.
- Designed by a woman to overcome larger, stronger adversaries
- Easy to learn quickly for men and women regardless of your age, shape, size or present strength/fitness
- An extremely useful program for general health, wellbeing, fitness, balance and coordination
- Based entirely on human biomechanics and therefore extraordinarily practical
- Practised in over 64 countries worldwide
- Introduced to the world by the legendary Bruce Lee in the 1960s
- Made famous in recent years by the Ip Man movie franchise starring Donnie Yen along with many other movies featuring Sijo Ip Man as the central figure.
Sifu Matt Jorgensen
Certified Master Instructor
Sifu Matt started studying martial arts at age 11yo with Judo before moving through Rhee Taekwondo, Muay Thai, Boxing, Grappling and other styles all in Adelaide, South Australia, through his teens before settling on Wing Chun at age 19yo on the Gold Coast under 10th Degree Grandmaster Sigung Tom Lo where once he gained Sihing status he would travel to Brisbane each week to train personally under Sigung Lo, Matt ran Sigung’s kwoons (training centres) in Miami, Mermaid Beach and Robina.
A Certified Master Instructor through Martial Arts Australia and passionate about Wing Chun, Sifu Matt has set up a kwoon in Victor Harbor for those who share a similar heart for the art or who would like to learn effective self-defence in a family-friendly, community-focused environment.
His other interests include a passion for music, family, movies, coaching student athletes and cultivating an evergrowing bonsai garden.